Saturday 26 January 2013

Tim Walker: Story Teller

I finally managed to see the Tim Walker: Story Teller exhibition at Somerset House yesterday. The exhibition ends tomorrow but I had to go particularly because I had heard such great feedback! The images were so exciting and varied, full of different ideas yet Tim Walker's style linked the pieces together. The photographs were full of humor, quirk and glamour. Tim Walker is one of the most influential fashion photographers today. I fell in love with the set design and the props were really impressive in detail and scale. Then watching the videos on show allowed me to recognize the possibilities of working in a team where everyone is good at what they do. The set would usually include hair and make-up artists, fashion stylists, costume fitters, models and of course the master photographer capturing this creative energy. I recognized several photo shoots that I had seen in Vogue up to a few years ago that had somehow stuck in my mind. It always feels nice when you can make a nostalgic connection between a piece of work and your personal history, particularly when it involves the simple action of flicking through the pages of a magazine. With all this constructed elegance, the outcomes are inspiringly perfect.




2 comments:

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.