Tuesday 25 September 2012

Heatherwick Studio

I recently went to an exhibition at the V&A that introduced me to the Heatherwick Studio, I had seen examples of projects before but here I could link them all together. The studio was established by Thomas Heatherwick in 1994, the work spans the disciplines of architecture, furniture, engineering, sculpture and urban planning. The projects explore the development of form by creating extraordinary yet functional designs and each project develops experimental ideas by pushing materials to their creative limits. This exhibition was truly inspiring and spoke in depth about the processes of design in each studio.

 UK Pavilion
 Spun

 Twisted Cabinet

 Boat

Olympic Cauldron

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.