Monday 12 March 2012

Things I like today...

Alice Dupré is an Animation director and designer based in London. I like her quirky illustrations because they're light hearted...


I have wanted a cowhide rug for ages now and of course I have seen them on sale, should I purchase one for my bottom drawer..?


I love this hand sculptured figure of a barn owl which can be purchased at Cargoh. A series of Canada's endangered or extinced birds were hand sculpted and half the proceeds from the sale will go to Nature Canada. It's for a good cause!


I love this printed cushion by Mr Wingate, a company set up by textile graduate Sam Wingate. Mr Wingate was initially a hand printed T shirt label sold from a market stall in Brick Lane and the collection has now expanded to include homewares.


My mum lived in Finland for a year when she was 16. She was an au-pair; she always says products by Iittala bring her a sense of nostalgia. I am really fond of the Maribowl which has been in production since the 60s. They are suitable for serving and as a decorational object. I like the large variety of colours available, follow this link to mix and match your own colours...


 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.