Tuesday 11 June 2013

Degree Show

At the moment my degree show is taking place which is an exciting time.  We have created a site showing snippets of work by the textiles graduates of 2013 from Bath School of Art and Design to include my profile here. The show is a reflection of all that I have achieved throughout my three years at university but also a chapter to hopefully mark the beginning of my career in the textiles industry. Gavin Turk and Cedric Christie gave really inspiring talks at the industry night, which has enabled me to feel proud of myself and everyone else in my year.



Above I had the opportunity to paint the glass doors inside the reception area.  I really enjoyed doing this and took the motif from one of the designs I have on show.


My show consists of a mixture of materials that I have managed to have my designs printed onto, this includes wood, plastic and glass. I have had the materials cnc routed to enable me to stitch into them and laser etched. All these applications match up perfectly with my prints.  


I am really pleased and wish all the graduates of 2013 lots of luck.

1 comment:

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.