Friday, 24 May 2013

Abstract DIY

I saw this DIY on Pinterest the other day and thought it would be fun to try myself.

All you have to do is put blobs of paint on a page and then paint them in together. Anyone can do it!

Choose any colour you like


Monday, 20 May 2013

Deadline Day

Today we handed in our final major projects. I am celebrating with the girls this evening and we excitedly popped champagne this morning. I walked around the city of Bath with an ice cream, like a tourist and whatever happens I feel happy knowing I tried my best. Who knows what will happen?! I would love to join a studio and to continue designing prints.  But for this evening I will let my hair down...


Saturday, 11 May 2013

This Week

I have been dabbling in a bit of everything in order to make my final project come together.

 Glazing Tiles in the ceramics department.

 Hand Painting Puff Binder.

 Flocking onto plastic.

 Exposing screens in the print room.

Handing in files to the plastics department.

As you can see I have been a busy body but I am happy this week because my mum is here. She has been helping to paint my space and she is very handy with her drill, I think the technicians want to hire her!

I will miss the facilities at university.


Monday, 6 May 2013

Floating Textiles

I have less than two weeks left at university and I will be moving all my belongings out of the studio  tomorrow morning. I have bagged everything up ready to go but I have no idea where I will fit it all. My space has lost it's personality and all that's left is my name tag. I will miss the creative environment at Bath School of Art and Design. I have really appreciated my time there as a student. I noticed these textiles pieces in the reception area and thought they looked really pretty hanging from the ceiling and grouped together like a family. 

I will miss my textiles family.


Thursday, 2 May 2013

In the print room

Today I got to work in the the print room. At the beginning of the week I had selected some available screens but they were blocked. As a result I worked hard trying to get them cleaned up which took me two days. I had to use a bleach like solution and leave it on for several hours at a time and this pushed the dirt out. 

I was very pleased with the end result and from here I exposed my designs onto the screens ready to start printing.

I bought some linen and some raw silk and mixed up lots of colours. 

I am sad to say I will be moving out of my studio space this weekend with only 18 days left until we hand in our final major projects. But of course this is just the beginning of a hopeful textiles career!