Wednesday 6 February 2013

Shopping: Furniture

I love discovering new places. Last week I went on a day trip to London with the girls. It was a busy day. We started off in this store Squint, South Kensington. All the colours attracted us in from the street and the staff were really friendly. They spoke to us about their projects and let us have a look around. Lisa Whatmough is the founder of the company which produces richly colourful and well made hand-crafted furniture. Lots of the products are made to order but there is an online shop. I like the commode


If you are in the area, you should also pop into interior design store mint, which is right next door to Squint. It is pretty stylish and the latest collections in contemporary design can be found there. If you are particularly interested in trends this is a great place to start.


We also popped into Skandium where you can find basically all the best Scandinavian design and furniture in one place. I fell in love with this Home desk by Vitra. It has lots of compartments underneath for storing stationary and I liked all the coloured sections on top too. After this we headed to Chelsea and had a look around more shops between our ladies lunch.


It was a great day.

2 comments:

  1. SO cool!! I'm a new GFC follower. Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I wish I could visiting them :D



    Cheers,

    Yulia Rahmawati

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.