Sunday 13 May 2012

Macrame

This weekend I had a go at Macrame. It's a really busy time of year for the 3rd year fashion students at Bath School of Art and Design and so I've been trying to help out. I was approached by fashion student Emma Tee who needed some help with Macrame. Below are some of her beautiful samples. Macrame is a form of textile making using knotting apparently crafted by sailors as a means of decorating. 






Below is my sample. I was really happy to help and I gained a new skill as well as a very sweet Thank You card. I am really excited to see the show in June.


Here is the dress the Macrame is intended for to cover the models chest area.




X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.