Monday 18 June 2012

Abigail Brown

Abigail Brown continually collects scraps of fabric to create handmade, hand sewn animals and explores colour, texture and pattern during the process of forming these lovely individual pieces. Abigail studied a BA in Surface Decoration and Printed Textiles and graduated in 2003. She previously designed children's books and stationary but her main love is exploring ideas in fabric for herself through gathering new fabrics and reusing old. I love the little creatures she creates. Abigail's work first caught my eye at Origin last year and I saw it again at the Cockpit Arts Open Studio on Sunday and felt it was necessary to share it.












2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these, I saw them a few days ago, they are so beautiful and individual! My favourites are the flamingo and the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, they are my favorite ones too!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.